Adult & Senior Caregiving
Cambrian Homecare has been in business since 1996. We have proudly served Long Beach and all of Southern California for the last 20 years, developing rich and long term relationships with our providers, clients and staff. We proudly serve our clients with trained and experienced caregivers whom are employees of Cambrian.
This means we handle:
- Payment to the caregiver
- Wage reporting to the government
- Required state/federal tax
- Social Security withholdings
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Caregiver Services
- Disabled Seniors and Adults
- Post-Surgical or Post-Injury Patients
- Post-Hospitalization Care
- Specific Care for Diagnoses
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Generally Weak Patients
- Cancer Patients
Developmentally Disabled Home Respite
Our respite services include:
- Temporary Relief – Giving time to caregivers to leave the home for other obligations or just time to themselves
- Social Interaction – Games, homework assistance, reading, arts and crafts, and other activities
- Hygiene Care – Help with bathing, dressing, toileting, diaper changes, potty training, oral hygiene, and meal preparation
- Behavioral Activities – Our caregivers know how to kindly direct and redirect behaviors as needed to ensure the client’s emotional and physical safety
- Maintaining Routines – Our caregivers can assist with after school care and homework routine, chores, and bedtime routine
- Specialized Care – Upon request, we can assist in providing specialized or personalized care to your loved one
- Sibling Care – Our caregivers can provide assistance to 1 or 2 siblings in the home while caring for the client
Hospice & Palliative Caregiving
For many people, hospice and palliative care is the option to spend the final months or days in the comfort of their own home with the people and things they love and value. Caregivers partner with hospice or palliative care providers to offer much needed support during this time. This allows friends and family relief from the hands-on care needs.
Cambrian believes in the compassionate caregiver and provides specific skills training to equip our caregivers who have the heart and desire to care for the hospice and palliative care client. Caregiver support also provides the assurance that the client is receiving the care he or she needs, day or night, allowing loved ones to focus on spending quality time.
Being discharged home from a hospital or facility can be complicated. Sometimes discharge orders and paperwork are unclear and adapting to being home is difficult. “Post hospital syndrome” is explained as someone who is tired, weak and has not eaten or slept well after a facility admission. This syndrome is real and presents itself over and over in adults, even more so in seniors.
Planning ahead can be crucial to success at home. Whether you have undergone a recent surgery, suffered an illness or have an upcoming procedure, Cambrian can work to keep you safe at home. Many options exist including:
- Intermittent short hour visits to assist with personal care, meals, errands, light housekeeping and pharmacy pick-ups
- Longer hours when the need is greater to assist with walking, transfers, personal care and more
Cambrian Homecare proudly serves the veteran population to provide the best possible caregiver services in the home as well as the community. Veterans living at home, along with their loved ones often find they can enjoy less stress and more freedom by having caring and capable caregiver assistance with the various personal and household needs that arise.
World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, and Gulf War veterans may qualify for the Aid & Attendance Pension benefits if:
- 90 days active duty
- At least 1 day of active duty service during a war time
- Honorable or General discharge
- A chronic illness or condition – cannot drive
- Limited financial resources related to medical expenses
To determine eligibility for the VA Hospital Homemaker and Respite Care Program, contact your VA Physician office.
Long-Term Care Insurance
Finding resources to pay for in-home care can be challenging. Should you or your loved one have long-term care insurance, coverage for caregiver services may be available!
The first step to success with long-term care insurance is clarifying the benefit and eligibility requirements. Cambrian’s knowledgeable and experienced Intake Specialists can assist in gathering the information needed to initiate services as well as assist to complete and file the necessary paperwork.
Contact our intake specialists at (877) 422-2270.
Cambrian Go Care!
Finding transportation resources for an adult or senior who needs a little extra help can be challenging. Cambrian provides a special service that will not only get you to where you need to go, but our trained driver provides door to door service! Cambrian’s Go Care is an affordable transportation solution for those who need:
- Safe and dependable ride
- Assistance walking from the home to the van
- Assistance getting into the appointment or destination safely
Whether you walk independently, with a cane or walker, or are able to transfer safely from a wheelchair to a van seat, Cambrian Go Care is a solution for you!